Cookies are files sent by web servers to web browsers, and stored by the web browsers.
The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables a web server to identify and track web browsers.
There are two main kinds of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your browser, whereas persistent cookies remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach their expiry date.
Cookies are used to:
- Measure how you use the website so it can be updated and improved based on your needs
- Remember the notifications you’ve seen so that we don’t show them to you again
- FreeClix cookies aren’t used to identify you personally.
FreeClix uses Google Analytics to analyse the use of this website. We do this to help make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users and to help us make improvements, eg improving site search.
Google Analytics stores information about:
- the pages you visit on store.FreeClix.com
- how long you spend on each store.FreeClix.com
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
- We don’t collect or store your personal information (eg your name or address) so this information can’t be used to identify who you are.
We don’t allow Google to share our analytics data.
You can opt-out of Google analytic cookies https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies.
In Internet Explorer, you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.
In Firefox, you can adjust your cookies settings by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Privacy”.
Blocking cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of some websites.